Sunday, April 17, 2011

It was all about the food...

April 15th and 16th I had the privilege of going to Jefferson, Texas with my friend Allison and her ladies from Church for a Girls Getway...so we could get away from work, husbands, kids, cooking, cleaning...I think you get the idea.  Yes Moms despite what non Moms think...NEED A BREAK TOO!  With other adults!!! 
Jefferson, Texas is only about 40 mins from Shreveport-Bossier in East Texas but it is a great escape!  I have been there many times on day trips with friends riding on the motorcycle with my husband, but only went over for Pie and coffee usually...I had never had the chance to walk around and explore the shops.  It was fabulous!!  I had a great time...and the first place Allison and I ate was Kitt's Kornbread were we had "The Redneck" which is Fried Bologna and Cheese on JalapeƱo Cornbread with tomato, onion, and mayo!  I had heard these were AWESOME...but that doesn't even begin to describe the happiness that was happening in my mouth.



and the Pie...was even better!  Allison and I shared the sandwich so we could both get our own slice of pie...
It was very hard to choose because well...look they all look amazing!


So we got Double Chocolate with Cherry topping and whipped cream & Buttermilk


and we split them too so we could both have a little of each!! 

YAY for Pie!

Sweet Baking,
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment