Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kim's 'not exactly' homemade Veggie Beef Soup

The super bowl is being held in Dallas, Texas...my native land. I know, I know its only 4 hours away from me but 4 hours is as far as China when you start getting home sick. Anyway, the Steelers and Packers are the teams in super bowl 45, and I believe they bought there northern 'Yankee' weather with them. Last night it was 23 degrees....that means soup and chili weather¡ woo hoo! I make a mean 'not exactly' homemade veggie beef soup!




I use a mix - the brand I usually use is Bear Creek --- it is very good.  But I have a house full of boys and I have to add more to the mix to fill 'em up since we grow them big in the Payne & Ebey families!

Kim's 'not exactly' homemade Veggie Beef Soup

1 - 9 oz pkg of veggie soup mix
1 can green beans ( I use french style this time, but use either or)
1 can whole kernal corn
1 can pinto beans
----I dont drain the canned veggies, I use it in the soup----
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 sm. can tomato sauce
1 bag frozen stew vegetables
1 1/2 -2 lbs ground hamburger

cook the hamburger, drain and rinse under hot water (I still use that little trick I learned in 9th grade homemaking class thanks to Mrs. Davis and all her handy dandy information!!).  Add all the veggies (liquid and all), frozen veggies, tomato sauce, and soup mix.  I added 5 cups of water to the entire pot, add as much as you prefer.  Stir and mix it up well, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 mins.  It doesnt last long - I usually have enough for 2 nights!!







Happy Baking,
Kim
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment