Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Strawberry Bread...

This all came about one day because a friend from work brought a loaf of strawberry bread to share that he ordered from a bakery in Arkansas.  It was very tasty...and natrually I thought to myself and I am sure out loud to others - what the heck, I bet I could make that.

And so it began...my searching online for a recipe...I didnt find one in any of my books.  And I was telling my husband about it and he asked me to make him Banana Nut Bread.  So I said poof...your Banana Nut Bread........LOL

Well the Banana Nut Bread was a flop...so I tried a different recipe...again not so good.  But I did find the Strawberry Bread recipe. And tried it...and what do you know.........we liked it.

I have made it about 3 times now...and once I actually replace the strawberries with Peaches - I didnt like it so much but Bobby loved it and took most of to work - those fellas think I am freakin' Betty Crocker now...which is AWESOME!! 

and now as hard as it is to share...because I love it so much is my Sweet Strawberry Bread recipe:

Sweet Strawberry Bread


3 cups All purpose flour
2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
3 Eggs
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 pkgs. (10 oz.) Frozen strawberries thawed and chopped
1 cup Pecans chopped

Preheat oven 350 deg. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix the eggs, oil, vanilla, and strawberries together in a separate bowl. Add strawberry
mixture to dry ingredients, and mix well. Stir in pecans. Pour into two greased
9" X 5" X 3" loaf pans. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or 40-45 minutes if using mini loaf pans, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes; then remove to wire rack to
complete cooling.

Sweet Baking,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment