Sunday, November 20, 2011

Jack Daniel's Cake

I was invited to a Bunco night with the girls by my friend Kristen from work last night...I have never played, but she said there would be lots of great people and yummy food.  So I went.  And I am glad I did!!  They had Thanksgiving food!  I took my pumpking muffins (see that post for the recipe) and she brought her Mom's Sweet Potato Casserole - which I hope to share later!!  The outstanding dish was from another fill in lady name Wyrene.  It was a cake made with Jack Daniels...yep and it was good.  I found the recipe at Food.com and had to share!!!



  • 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 5 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
  • 3/4 cup margarine, softened
  • 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:

  1. Mix cake and pudding mix together.
  2. Add eggs, milk, whiskey and magarine.
  3. Beat long and hard BY HAND.
  4. Add butterscoth mosels and nuts, reserving 1/2 cup of each.
  5. Pour batter into greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
  6. Sprinkle remaining morsels and nuts over batter.
  7. Bake @ 350 degrees 45-60 minutes.

and PS...I won $25 (1/2) the big money for the most Buncos...beginners luck is all!  But it was a great time!!

Sweet Baking,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. My husband would probably LOVE that cake!! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete