Thursday, December 22, 2011

Your a Mean One Mr. Grinch

Name your top 3 Christmas movies that you must watch every year...Mine are:

Christamas Vacation




ELF






And of Coarse....

How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch.
Your heart's an empty hole.
Your brain is full of spiders,
You've got garlic in your soul.
Mr. Grinch.






 Today at work we are having our Secret Santa...Sweet and Savory Christmas luncheon.  I brought the yummy Grinch cookies I made from my friend recipe over at Cookin' Cowgirl  and decided that I needed some Grinch Punch to go with them.  I found the punch recipe at http://www.tasteofhome.com/ when I googled Grinch Punch.  It was one of those awesome recipes I had seen on Pinterest (yes I am an addict).


 

 

 Ingredients
1/3 cup sugar

 


6 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons water
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
12 drops neon green food coloring
1 bottle (2 liters) lemon-lime soda, chilled
2 pints vanilla ice cream

 

Directions

  • In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; remove from the heat. Stir in milk and extract. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
  • Just before serving, transfer milk mixture to a punch bowl. Stir in the food coloring and soda. Top with scoops of ice cream. Yield: 4 quarts.
I will post a picture of my final product in a few hours when it is time to mix it all together....so for now this is the one from Taste of Home


No comments:

Post a Comment