Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Snickerdoodles from Cake Mix

I love to bake, can you tell?  But I dont always have time for 'homemade' stuff. Sometimes I have to do short cuts to bake or cook for the family.  Some of my favorite cookies to make are ones made from cake mixes.  My homemaking teacher from Gunter High School (Marilyn Davis) gave us a recipe my freshman year in high school (way back in 1984) that has been with me ever since.  It is probably the only 'recipe' card I kept from the recipe box we made that year.

This is my version of Snickerdoodles...

(I forgot to add the ground Cinnamon in the pictue)

Ingredients

1 Yellow cake mix
2 Eggs
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1/2 cup Cinnamon-Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons Nutmeg



Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl mix cake mix, oil, eggs, nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
3. Stir until well blended.
4. Place your Cinnamon-Sugar in a small bowl
5. Form cookie dough into 1 inch balls.
6. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture until completely covered.
7. Place on cookie sheets.
8. Bake@ 350 for 12 mins or until lightly browned.


Sweet Baking,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment