Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We are family....

It has been about 15 days or so since my last posting...not that I have any readers yet - but my Labor Day weekend was spent in Sulpher, Oklahoma at the Mathis Family Reunion.  I went by myself to Gunter, Texas to pick up my Mom and then headed North to Sulpher.  From my house to the Chickasaw National Park was 322 miles, and suppose to be 6 hours but with construction and traffic and a few stops along the way it was more like 8 hours. 

I dont know if my Mom and I have ever gone off together by ourselves without my son, or stepdad, or my brother.  It was great and she had the best time!  It was so good to see my family...I hadnt been in 4 years.  It's always one thing or another...or a Hurricane!  Yep remember Katrina...who can forget? 

I didnt bake anything to take for the dinners...but the food was awesome.  Something about food cooked outside on the camping stove and over an open flame just makes me feel like a kid again...only I have to drive to get there now and wash dishes when it is time to clean up.  But things I dont mind.  I might have gotten a little grumpy a few times...but hey that is what happens.  We talked, and laughed, hugged, and ate! 

Here are a few pictures of my AWESOME family...we aren't the Brady's or the Hilton's but I love them all! 

The Mathis Family - Saturday, Sept 4, 2010

Chris, Kristie, John (peeking his head in), Me, Ray, and Josh - These are 6 of the 9 grandchildren of my grandparents Leslie & Lana Mathis.  Renee was not there until after we took the picture...Denise and Billy couldnt make it and we missed them very much!

My Mom Leslie and my cousin Carol -
This is front of the main fountain were the actual sulphur water is pulled out of the ground...it is suppose to be healing water...healing what I am not sure because if you have ever smelled sulphur water...you know it is an awful 'rotten egg' smell. YUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment